Sunday, October 4, 2009

Patterns of Funny

It's not secret that Law & Order: SVU is one of my very favorite show ever. A close second would be America's Funniest Home Videos. My mom, stepdad and I watch it almost every night when I'm in Bloomington, and Ange and I watch it often as well. Watching it has led my mother and I to come to 2 conclusions about funny & ridiculous behavior:

1. If someone is going to do something dumb that will likely result in hurting themselves (but yet be hilarious in the process) it is almost always a man being egged on by one or more other men.

2. If a man does something dumb accidentally that results in him hurting himself (and again, being hilarious) there is usually a woman snickering in the background.

Watch AFV a few times and you will see that these conclusions are true. We're both almost PhDs so trust us.

No comments: