Thursday, January 13, 2011

Aries to a T

Astrology is fun. I don't take it too seriously, e.g. I don't make decisions based on my astrological calendar or consult some kind of astro-reader or whatever. But I think that there is a lot to be said about knowing the characteristics of different zodiac signs which often explains why people do things and who they are as humans. It's not 100% true and there are always bound to be people who don't fit, but often you can learn a lot about someone by investigating their sign (just don't be lame and try a "What's your sign?" pick up lame. That would make you born under the Ass Sign.) 

I am an Aries. The first sign of the Zodiac. People who are Aries like to be first. Yep, true. 

Aries are considered "masculine" in character and like to be leaders on tasks. I often think it's funny that my partner is the one with the "butch" exterior (and really, it's just her hair) and that makes me the "femme." Believe me, the only thing really femme about me is my appearance (dresses, make-up, etc.). When it comes to the dynamics of our relationship I am totally the butch one. 

Aries are fire signs and thus tend to be adventurous and energetic, but tend to get burnt out. Totally me. If Ange wants me to do something I don't want to do, like cleaning, she is learning that it's best to get me early in the day. I am a morning person and I'm bursting with energy. But by the end of the day I'm dim and lethargic. 

Aries are enthusiastic and confident. But we can also be selfish and impatient. If you have ever worked with me you know these things. I try and harness the good and minimize the not as great. I am passionate and will always speak up for the underdog. If you try and push me, you likely feel my shove back, especially if your callousness harms someone else.

Aries are quick-witted and sharp. If you've ever been subjected to my humor you know this. But you might have also felt the frustration I have when people are slow and not so bright. It goes hand in hand with our lack of patience.  

Aries tend to live their lives in the extreme. Always pushing for more adventure and rushing into new things. It's a good thing I have a water sign partner to keep me cool :)

No comments: