Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quickie Update

I woke up this morning and my throat was NOT hurting, thank goodness. I'm a little congested but nothing bad so I'm hoping my rest and relaxation yesterday helped, as well as the extra vitamins and zinc tablets. I'm hoping this is the worst of it and then it'll be over!

We had our last day of staff development training today. It was very interesting overall but I'm glad it's over. My butt is seriously hurting from sitting in plastic chairs for hours at a time (as well as my overall anxiety level of sitting in them!) so I'm glad I won't have to do that anymore. I learned a lot about the University and the general campus environment which is of course very helpful to my work.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow since the training ended a day early. I want to try and get to the market and get some small craft items to send with Father John to the US for the fundraising event for the foundation. Other than that, I will hopefully take it easy and get some work done. I will be in Uromi all weekend visiting Father John & the children at the home, which is always fun and should be nice. The M's driver will take me on Saturday and Father John will arrange for transport back to Benin on Sunday. I'm sure I will attend mass with the children on Sunday as they have a chapel on the grounds. Hopefully I will get to check out some of the clinics or at least meet with some of the people who have been working hard the past year keeping our clinics running.

I have a few short posts coming up soon, but I'm not sure I'll finish them tonight. Stay posted!

1 comment:

ange said...

Be safe on your trip, baby love! And as always...have fun!