Tuesday, March 27, 2012

365: Like a Unicorn. Or a Dodo Bird


Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a.d.d.i.c.t.e.d. to drink mix packets. What you may not know is that my great love affair was with one particular drink flavor: Cranberry Apple. Like a unicorn, it was rare and hard to find. Only made and carried by Walmart and often out of stock.

Last year it transformed from a unicorn to a dodo bird. As in, Walmart stopped making it. I couldn't believe it. I stalked Walmart after Walmart not believing this horror could be true. Alas, it was.

It's been almost a year since I last sipped it's quenching nectar. But tonight, while rummaging through a crusty old African bag I stumbled upon the last unicorn/dodo bird. Probably the last packet on the planet. My heartbeat quickened and I couldn't believe my eyes. My beloved drink mix! I'm sipping on it gently as we speak. Cherishing every last drop as it hits my pizza burned palate. I'm already sad that it will be over soon.

There are two upsides to this tale of woe: this drink mix was the only reason we continued to set foot in Walmarts. Now that's we've confirmed it's extinction we no longer have to support the beast.

The second good news is that if I drank too many in a couple of days it would turn my poop bright red and I'd think I was dying of internal bleeding. No more moments of fright since it disappeared!

No comments: