Saturday, September 19, 2009

Going to the Chapel...

Ange's mom Debbie got married today, and naturally we were in attendance. It was a very small, private, casual affair...family only, about 15 people. It was scheduled for 9:30am in Bedford, IN which means we had to get up veryyyy early to make it on time. The wedding was very cozy and lovely and since it was a simple affair the entire ceremony was only about 7 or 8 minutes long. We all then went down into the basement of the church to have a little reception. Debbie's new husband Dave's family helped out with most of the food and decorating which was really simple but cute. Of course we forgot our cameras so we don't have any photos, so you'll just have to trust me on this one.

The cutest part was that Dave & Debbie had told the people fixing the food that I was a vegetarian so they made sure there were lots of veggie options for me and made sure to let me know. It was so sweet that they thought about ME on their wedding day. Like I mentioned before, being a vegetarian is something personal that I don't try to push on anyone, and that includes letting people know that they don't need to go out of their way to accommodate me and my eating habits. I can always find something to eat so I don't worry about eating whenever we're at a party situation. It's funny because everyone else usually worries about it way more than I do. My stepdad is notorious for this. Anytime eating comes up he's always like "WELL YOU'RE GONNA WANT SOMETHING VEGETARIAN" as if vegetarian food only comes in certain strange places. I've never been to a restaurant where there isn't some kind of option that I can work with. I know that he's just trying to be helpful but I really just want to be like "IT WILL BE OK SPAZZO!" Of course I don't, and instead try and explain how it's ok and that is not an issue. But back on track, it was really sweet of them to think of me and to make sure I had plenty of options at the reception.

After chowing down on the yumminess and taking lots of pictures we hopped back in the car so we could get back home in time to take a quick nap before Ange had to scamper off to work. Overall, it was a beautiful day spent with a beautiful couple. Congrats Debbie & Dave!

1 comment:

laurie said...

He is a spazzo. He says that every time you come down, too, but you don't get to hear it. He always says, "what are we going to do about dinner, we have to think of something Lindsay can eat." Mostly because he hates all vegetables and would eat just slabs of meat every day.