Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Weekend Blogged

So my lover and I went to Chicago this past weekend. We went for a Girlyman concert but planned to explore the city a bit while we were heading up there. Can I just say I had the most fun time ever? I've been to Chicago on many occasions, but usually when I've gone I've gone to a museum for the day or for something very specific. I've never gone for the sole purpose of exploring the city and having fun. Previous to this trip I would have rated Chicago as "just ok," but after this trip Chicago gets high marks from me.

I plan on blogging my way through the trip in smaller parcels, because frankly, we jammed so much into 2 days it's almost overwhelming to pack into one without feeling like my readers may get bogged down with the world's longest blog post. So I feel like if I put it into bite size bits you may be more inclined to read section by section.

For now, I'll leave you with two pictures.

This is us shortly upon our arrival in Chicago, just after checking into our lovely 4-star hotel (more on this later).


This is us about 10 minutes ago. Shortly after getting home. We're exhausted. We're such internet freaks we decided to flip on the tv, pour some glasses of wine and get on the net to catch up on two days of internet deprivation.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

This is funny -- but even more seriously, what is that, a snuggie??

Lindsay Briggs said...

Hahaha, no. It's just a big comfy blanket that's on my couch. We had the AC on full blast so we could cover up with the blanket...cause I just like blankets!