Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A note about sunburns...

So as I mentioned in my Mutt Strutt blog, I got burned like hellllllllllll. Like a flaming lobster. Exhibit A:
This is me in Chicago with a baby burn. It started to fade...and then...Mutt Strutt:

Yikes I know. It hurts just as bad as it looks. But please, please, please....refrain from saying the following comments:

"OMG, what happened???"
Oh this? Um, I decided to airbrush myself to look like I was permanently wearing a white tank top.

"Geez! Have you ever heard of SUNSCREEN???"

What? What is that? Some revolutionary new product??? Must make mental note...study chemical properties...find out if it works.

These are the two things I heard ALL DAY on Monday. CLEARLY I got burned because I FORGOT to use sunscreen. Not the best move I KNOW. I just wanted to choke someone by the end of the day. Now I know how my sister felt during pre-election. Everyone thought they were so witty when they would call her "Hilary (Hillary) Clinton." She was always like "LIKE I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE..."

On the other hand...if you are an attention whore I would highly suggest this tactic. It hurts, but damn you get some serious attention.

2 comments:

ange said...

I LOVE that you tagged this with "irritation central."

Mu boss made the smartass comment that she was going to take up sunscreen fund for me. I told her to save it and get some duct tape for her mouth. :)

The Jen said...

Holy Shit! Goddammit, woman! That is some sunburn. . .