Monday, April 27, 2009

Hop-On Hop-Off Tour: Navy Pier Stop

So on the hop-on hop-off tour it works exactly as it says. You can get off at any stop you want (I think there were 13 stops) and could get back on the next bus when you were done. So the next stop that we actually got off on was at Navy Pier. There were many stops in-between but we didn't have all day (sadly) so we had to be very selective. (Side Note: If you ever go to Chicago and plan on doing this, I would plan this for an entire day. The website says that the tour takes 2 hours, but I think even if you never got off it would take longer than that. We didn't even do the full tour and only got off twice and we were on there for over 3 hours.)

Navy Pier was pretty cool, although we didn't do much in terms of specific events. When we first got off the bus the first thing we saw was this long sea wall that had a bazillion birds on it. This was just an hour or so after the bird crapped on her so not only were we grossed out anyway but we had to give the birds dirty looks for the actions of their cousin.


Navy Pier is famous/visually known for the giant Ferris Wheel. You can see it from miles away.

When we were in Tennessee for Ange's birthday she really wanted to ride this ski lift thing, but because I'm a wuss I wouldn't go. Then later I felt bad so I thought I should have sucked it up. So I tried to get her to go on the Ferris Wheel as a consolation prize. So I walked all the way up there to see how much it was then came down cause Ange was then being stubborn and not going up. She tried to say that she didn't really care but I'm not so sure. She knows I'm terrified of being suspended in the air with just a few cables that may come crashing down and kill me, so I think that was more of it than actually not caring if she went. But here is me trying to convince her to come up and we could go. But we didn't.


We wanted a picture of us posing by the water on the glorious day so we finally broke down and asked some lady who was chillaxin by the water.


It seemed to be a recurring theme throughout our trip that we could never find any food or drink whenever we wanted/needed them. We walked down one side of the pier and then decided we'd get something quick to eat on the other side...well there is nothing on the other side of the pier except a nice walking path and views of the city. We spent so much time messing around that we ended up not eating at the pier because we were concerned with time. We ended up starving and parched until we got back off the bus at our hotel because of a fire at the Sears Tower (more on that later). But we did get some nice views of the city!

On next hop we went mostly sight-seeing on the bus, but this time we got some primo seats on the top of the double-decker so we used that chance to snap a pic of us being all lovey-dovey in Chicago!

No comments: