Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sigh

So I have an actual domain ifyouever.com but I am struggling with it. Below is a copy of the first/second blog on the site. I am going to tinker with this to see if I can somehow use the blogger format on my website. Who knows? If not, at least I have a copy of my blogs here in case shit gets erased again.

So this blog has been up and running for about a month now. However, my lady love and I have been struggling with trying to get everything to look and work "just right." I am one of the least patient people ever so this has been a challenge for me. I just want everything to work right and look beautiful...and when it doesn't it makes me mad and over it. I had one blog posted already, but it somehow disappeared in web design 2.0. Today when I went to log in somehow all of our previous admin stuff had been erased so I had to struggle with that stuff. Nothing earth-shattering for sure, but irritating me none-the-less. So anyway, the morale of the story here is hang tight with us. If shit disappears randomly don't be surprised. We're working on it. Someday we'll be blog extraordinaires. Even if we have to pay someone to do it. Hahaha.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Wait wait I know how to fix this! Sorta...

Have you tried wordpress? They will either host your blog for you or will give you some code(?) or a way to upload it to your own domain. It looks like if you have your own space you'll need the second option. It looks fairly easy to do and that way you'd have the familiar blog updating platform but it'd be on your own site. Everyone I know who has a domain name uses that as their blogging software.

Lindsay Briggs said...

Yeah, Ange and I have been trying to figure it all out. The main problems we are having have to do with the actual web hosting site I chose. You can even export Blogger (with some code) but I can't figure out how to import it to my site.

When I had the brilliant idea every site I looked at regarding site building was all like "it's so easy!" and "there are step by step instructions to get you going fast!" Well I say b.s. Neither Ange and I have found it to be that easy. I mean, we have something up, but it doesn't look like I want it to and we can't get it to look like I want it to so for now I'm gonna stick to Blogger. I was going to wait until I had the site up and going and then move my blogging, but at this rate it may take 45 years for that to happen. So hopefully at some point I'll get it done and won't waste my site name (or money...although I pre-paid 3 years in advance...but it was cheap so I'm not worried about the money).