Monday, June 22, 2009

I love cookouts!

I had a gas grill that was given to me by my uncle. It did the job for a few years, but when it came to me the starter was broken so I had to light it by hand sticking one of those long lighters in the little opening on the side to spark the gas line. Not the safest thing ever and last summer the peril increased to proportions that I couldn't use it. After I singed off the hair on my right hand I decided it needed to go. Plus, I don't really cook very much, so why would I go through all the trouble of firing up a grill?

So Ange has been craving fish for days. And we were spending a few days at my house (we rotate between houses every couple of days) so we couldn't grill out at her house. So, yesterday Ange decided to buy a grill for my house. Nothing too fancy. Just a nice medium sized charcoal grill that looks so cute on the porch. But before we could cook, the grill had to be put together.

So Ange put the grill together while I got to work on the food. Yes, I can cook. I just prefer not to. So I chopped veggies, made jello, and soaked corn. Ange completed the grill, rolled it outside and fired it up. An hour later we had grilled corn on the cob, grilled mushrooms, cucumbers, and squash, and grilled salmon. It was D E L I C I O U S! Such a good day, such yummy food! I love summer cookouts!


Here is my little cutie being a great fix-it girl! Notice that Caramel is being very helpful in the background.

While Ange was putting the grill together, I was busy chopping veggies! See? I do cook!

Ta-da! The grill is going!

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention. One of my dogs (Duke) is scared to death of grills. Don't ask me why...he's a weirdo. But here he is...looking terrified.

Yum! Look at that spread!

Hey! We love cooking out!

I am SO EXCITED for grilled veggies!

She's a happy camper.

Ta-da! Finished product!

Oh yeah...in case you weren't sure...we're in loooooove!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Summer cook outs are the best!! Hooray!