Friday, October 21, 2011

365: I Fought the Law and the Law Won (mostly)



Dag. We put my parking pass in Ange's car for the k.d. lang concert on Tuesday. I slipped through detection Wednesday (even from myself!) but Thursday I walked out to my car to find a parking ticket for not displaying my parking pass. Drats! I gave a valiant effort in contesting my ticket, hoping to play upon the sympathy of being a new faculty member and it being my first mistake. Sadly, it fell on (mostly) dead ears. They did reduce it from $30 to $20 so it was a minor victory. The bigger victory was the humor of the parking official who reviewed my case. In addition to noting that "Our officer was not the one who made a mistake," the subject line of the email was "The Bail on Your Parking Ticket Has Been Reduced." I had a slight LiLo moment reading that one...and a little giggle. Also impressive was that they reviewed my appeal in less than 24 hours. It took a century at IU. Not that I know that for a fact or anything ;) Oh well, at least I brought it down a bit! Hopefully won't make the same mistake twice!

No comments: