Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sam's Club

I saw this picture on LOLDogs and it made me think about Ange and myself. Cause neither of us has hot abs. But we love each other anyway. And then I remembered that I had a blog in the queue that needed finishing. Trains of thought are fantastic.

So Ange and I have a love affair with Sam's Club. I used to belong to Costco, but sadly there are only two in Indianapolis and they are both on the North side of town. Sam's Club is around the corner from my house. Secretly I love Costco more, but I'm not driving all the way up there for it.

So Ange and I frequent the Sam's Club frequently. We like to go and look at the cool stuff. But mostly, we like to eat free samples. I mean, I don't know many people who don't like free samples, but I also don't know people who like free samples as much as us. One of the saddest things about being a vegetarian is that many of the free samples are meat products and that means I can't eat them.

Now the reason I really thought about this blog when I saw the chubby dogs was because on one of our recent trips I was striking out in the non-meat department side of things while Ange was eating high on the horse. BUT, they were serving cream puffs. Have you ever had the frozen cream puffs that Sam's sells? If not, you should totally go get a membership and get some. They are soooo delicious. So I was basking in cream puff heaven for a bit and then I was sad again because I was back to meat hell.

Now, for some reason Ange and I can't pull it together when we're at Sam's and we end up wandering the aisles like drunken hobos frequently re-tracing our steps to get stuff. It works out well most of the time because, if you didn't know, the sample ladies are not always manning their stations. So sometimes you miss some samples. But if you are bobbing and weaving through the aisles sometimes you get lucky and hit a station you missed before.

So as we were walking past the cream puff station and I was looking longingly at them I see Ange hiding behind the stack of bulk whatever and see her arm snake around the corner and snatch up a cream puff while the lady was busy schmoozing someone up to buy them. Yeah, that's right, Ange double dipped a cream puff for me. Now that my friends, is love. I don't think I've ever tasted anything so delicious in my whole life. That is why we are perfect for each other, abs or no abs.

2 comments:

ange said...

Babe! You know I will always get you extras! I love you!

Carrie Rowe said...

sometimes, i think that you can make entire meals out of the samples at Sam's. I have been a vegetarian for a month now, LB.