Saturday, August 20, 2011

365: Happiness


365: Happiness

Ange and I are ecstatic to be here in California, but that doesn't mean there are things that made us sad about leaving. The saddest part of me moving was leaving behind my family and friends, but most especially my sister Leslie. Ever since I've been back from Nigeria I have seen Leslie almost every single day. We were workout buddies as well as just all-around best friends. One of my biggest worries about moving is that I wouldn't be as close to her as I have been for most of my adult life. Neither one of us are big phone conversationalists, and she is not as involved with her texting and Facebooking as I am, so I was afraid that we wouldn't talk and chat as much once we moved, and that would be the decline of the extremely close relationship we have developed over the past few years. Luckily, she seems to be keeping up on her texts and internets more than usual and we've had several lengthy conversations every couple of weeks where we can do a more in-depth "catch up." I hope this continues because I really love my sister and I miss her so much!

No comments: