Friday, May 3, 2013

Hard Cider Review: J.K.'s Scrumpy Hard Cider

In my quest to become the ultimate cider conisseur, I have decided I need to start documenting my hard cider tastings. Today I stumbled upon a wide cider selection at Raley's and decided to buy three different ciders I'd never tasted. Tonight marks tasting #1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full Name: J.K.'s Scrumpy Farmhouse Organic Hard Cider
Flavor: Orchard Gate Gold
Alcohol Content: 6.0%
Distributor: Almar Orchards, Flushing, MI, USA
Additional Notes: Certified USDA Organic
Paired With: Kraft Macaroni & Cheese :)



Taste from the bottle: Has a strong, bitter fermentation taste that leaves a tangy punch in your mouth. It settles down a bit after being opened for a while. But definitely a different taste than from a glass.

Taste from a glass: Definitely more of an apple taste than a fermented taste. Almost wouldn't be able to tell it was a hard cider if you didn't know.It loses the slightly bitter fermented taste that I sensed from the bottle. More mellow from a glass and increases over time.

Overall verdict: Would definitely drink again, BUT wouldn't get excited to see if for purchase over other ciders that are more crisp and tart.

No comments: