Wednesday, February 15, 2012

365: When You Least Expect It...


...a student pleasantly surprises you.

Last semester one of my students asked for recommendation letter for a scholarship at the last minute due to another professor dropping the ball. She was a great student so I said sure. I wrote a nice letter for her and sent her a copy after I submitted it so she'd have a heads up. I didn't hear anything back from her but I figured it was the end of the semester and she just got overwhelmed with school and work stuff. I didn't really think much about it.

Today I was sitting in my office working on some stuff and my student appeared in my doorway holding a card. She apologized for not coming by sooner and said she really appreciated my last minute effort on her behalf. We had a nice chat and then she was off to class.

I have the best students :)

No comments: