Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chapstick

I LOVE chapstick. Maybe more than love. Maybe I'm addicted to chapstick. My friends and family would probably say so. I could totally ween myself off of it if I wanted, but why would I want to do that? Chapstick makes your lips so soft and smooth. Who wants dry crusty lips? Not me that's for sure. My favorite kind of chapstick is Chapstick brand in mint flavor. If I have no chapstick I'll use pretty much anything but given a choice, mint is the way to go. My least favorite kind is plain. Especially no name gross plain kind. Yuck. I like a firm chapstick too. Blistex is way too smushy. I think it has higher petroleum content. Chapstick brand is a nice consistency. It doesn't squish all over your lips when you use it. Two of the worst things that happen with chapstick is if you leave it in your pocket and send it through the wash. If it just gets washed it gets water-logged and even if you let it sit out to dry it's never the same. If it goes through the dryer then it melts all over your clothes and leave permanent little grease spots. Ange is the worst at leaving chapsticks in her pockets. Grr. The other worst thing is if you leave your chapstick in your car. It gets all melty and if you try to use it before it cools down it smashes all over your lips. If it's not sitting upright then it oozes all over the tube and gets all deformed. Bleck. I go through about 1.5 chapsticks a month. It's worth it.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I would think that the other worst thing about leaving your chapstick around would be having your sister find it and.....

Anonymous said...

All hail the mint chapstick! The best thing EVER!!