- Great Pumpkin is currently dead as a doorknob. Not working at all. It died at my dad's house but had a little life in it. My dad and Ange thought it would be a good idea to try and jump it (I did not) and as I was holding the jumper cables and they were revving engines I felt the cables getting REALLY HOT so we stopped and now the Pumpkin is extra dead. Doesn't make a peep when we turn the key. On the bright side of things, we pay an extra $2 a month for roadside assistance (which makes it $8 a month total for insurance on the Pumpkin). The guy who came from the tow company's shirt said "Taco." I asked, it wasn't really his name.
- Speaking of death, my sister's cat died yesterday. We're all very, very sad. He was a wonderful little kittie and we'll miss him bunches. RIP Jack-e-boy.
- In happier news, I am D-O-N-E with classes, like forever. Forever unless I want to learn for enjoyment. YES!!! All that's left is passing my qualifying exams, proposing my dissertation topic and getting it approved, collecting my dissertation research, writing it all up and successfully defending. That's right T minus 1 year until Lindsay Briggs, Ph.D. is a reality.
- I didn't get the Fulbright grant I was hoping for. Suck. Still a slim chance of hope with NSF, but I'm working on lots of back up plans in case.
- My mom, Ph.D. soon to be, got a job offer in California. Lucky beast. Let's hope there's a job waiting for me on the West Coast in a year.
- Ange passed her math class and is preparing to take the last two courses at Ivy Tech ever. Then she'll be at IUPUI in the fall working on a degree in anthropology...at least until I rip her away, hopefully to the West Coast.
- Garden is looking good. We've got some stuff sprouting. I'll be updating the blog soon.
- I'm crazy into Geocaching. I've got a post coming up about that.